R = \frac{V}{I} = \frac{120\, \text{V}}{15\, \text{A}} = 8\, \Omega

["Understanding Ohm’s Law: Calculating Resistance with V = 120 V and I = 15 A", "In electrical engineering and Basic Circuit Analysis, Ohm’s Law is a fundamental principle that defines the relationship between voltage (V), current (I), and resistance (R). One of the most common and accessible examples of applying Ohm’s Law is calculating resistance using the formula:", "[\nR = \frac{V}{I}\n]", "### Why Ohm’s Law Matters in Electrical Circuits", "Ohm’s Law provides a simple yet powerful way to determine how much electrical resistance a component will exhibit when voltage is applied across it and current flows through. Known as resistance (R), this property determines how much current will pass for a given voltage—critical in designing safe and functional electrical systems.", "### Applying the Formula: V = 120 V and I = 15 A", "In real-world applications, suppose you measure a circuit with a steady voltage supply of 120 volts (V) and observe a current of 15 amperes (A). To find the resistance of the circuit component or entire circuit, use:", "[\nR = \frac{V}{I} = \frac{120, \ ext{V}}{15, \ ext{A}}\n]", "Performing the calculation:", "[\nR = \frac{120}{15} = 8, \Omega\n]", "This means the resistance is 8 ohms, a standard value indicating moderate electrical opposition.", "### What Does 8 Ω Mean in Practice?", "An 8-ohm resistance poses a predictable and manageable current flow for 120 volts—calculating to 15 amps. Such resistance values are common in household appliances, lighting circuits, and electronics. It helps engineers and technicians anticipate power consumption (via ( P = I^2 R ) or ( P = \frac{V^2}{R} )) and ensure components operate safely within their ratings.", "### Summary", "It’s simple yet essential:\n- Voltage (V) drives current (I),\n- Resistance (R) determines how current responds,\n- And Ohm’s Law helps quantify this with clear values like ( 8, \Omega ).", "Understanding ( R = \frac{V}{I} ) empowers anyone working with electrical circuits—from hobbyists to professionals—to troubleshoot, design, and optimize systems safely and accurately.", "---", "Key Takeaways:\n- Use Ohm’s Law (( R = \frac{V}{I} )) to calculate resistance from voltage and current readings.\n- A value of 8 Ω indicates a typical, well-understood resistance in everyday electronics.\n- Knowing resistance helps maximize safety and efficiency in electrical applications.", "---", "Keywords: Ohm’s Law, resistance calculation, R = V/I, 8 ohms, electrical engineering, circuit analysis, voltage, current, power ratio, electrical safety, household circuits."]









